Miscellaneous ramblings of a freelance writer based in Austin, Texas....

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Morning ride in a '29 Model A roadster


I got a visit this morning from Jalopy Joe, a new friend who like us, moved here with his wife from California. As some of you might know, I have a 1929 Model A Roadster. As does Joe. Only his actually runs and drives, as opposed to mine which is in a hundred pieces strewn around my garage. Ah, some day. Anyhow, it was a rare treat to see a finished one roll into my driveway. And even more of a treat to go for a spin in Joe's traditional styled, vintage Hemi-powered roadster. To say it made my day is an understatement. I love hot rods. Jalopy Joe is one of those types of people who is beyond his years and a most positive thinker.  We sat, drank coffee, had a few laughs and talked about our favorite subject, hot rods. Before I knew it, noon was approaching and I was due downtown to meet another new friend for lunch, a lady who is relocating to Austin, and is in the same business as I am, only with a completely different skill set than my own. Which is another story for another day. P Terry's did me proud on the lunch, BTW. They make one hell of a product. I can honestly say that my old client, Whataburger, can't hold a candle to this. All the marketing in the world won't change that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment